It’s Turkey Day in a few days but some of us (like me) are stuck at this office..so my gift to you is some good reads! Let’s get to it!
- Dave Chappelle is GQ magazine’s man of the year.
- Keep Moving: The Nomadic Life of An Assistant College Basketball Coach.
- Junior Smith was a troubled kid who needed help. Instead, West Virginia sent him to jail.
- He went to Yemen. He was almost kidnapped.
- Can You Gentrify America’s Poorest, Most Dangerous City?
- The mystery of an artifact from the 1800s slave trade, and the girl who made it.
- Can Whole Foods Change the Way Poor People Eat?
- For the Public Good: The Shameful History of Forced Sterilization in the U.S.
- A profile of the NY Knicks Carmelo Anthony.
- The World Loves the rapper B.o.B — Why Doesn’t Atlanta?
- The Untold Story of Black Fatherhood.
- The Slow Motion Lynching of President Barack Obama.
- Explaining White Privilege to a Broke White Person.
- A two part series on how NFL teams handle domestic violence. Part 1/Part 2.
- Two unlikely friends: rapper Wale’ and comedian Jerry Seinfeld.
- 25 years later, Art Shell reflects becoming the FIRST black NFL head coach in the modern era.
- A Chat with Dionne Osborne, the Vocal Coach Who Changed Drake’s Style.
- Speaking about Drake, we might as well learn a bit more about his dad.
- In Alabama, Judges Play God: A judge can override a jury that spares a murderer from the death penalty.
- Peterson’s hometown still supportive: Some call Vikings star a child abuser, but in Palestine, Texas, he’s still favorite son.
- A Rape On Campus. And what if you are accused of sexual assault on a college campus.
- From Wrestling Legend to Double Amputee, Kamala Keeps Fighting.