I really don’t blog anymore except to publish my link posts, which I hope you are liking because I enjoy doing it. So I’m been thinking about shutting this blog down for awhile.
But I want you to come with me!!!
If you enjoy the link posts would you please consider signing up for my newsletter. It’s all fresh, shiny and new!!
I promise I won’t spam you, it’s just going to be for the links I find around the web.
You can sign up here: https://tinyletter.com/TiffanyInHouston
I will probably publish a new linkpost via the newsletter early next week. I hope you like it!
See you at the new spot!
Welcome to 2015! Happy New Year!
This is the first link post of the new year so let’s get to reading:
Here’s my gift to you! I’ll be back in 2015 with more good reads! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!
- After Ferguson, the weight of a conversation. A father in Arizona talks with his daughter.
- Profile of Donte Stallworth, a former NFL player now working for the Huffington Post.
- An interview with outgoing Attorney General Eric Holder.
- The inside story about Master P’s No Limit Sports.
- I love stories about the mechanics of media and always liked David Gregory of NBC. Here’s how he fell from grace.
- A profile of Seattle Seahawks Marshawn Lynch, who doesn’t care much for the media but cares alot about helping kids in his hometown of Oakland.
- Bound By A Plantation, Two Georgians Remember A Special Christmas.
- Mass Incarceration’s Collateral Damage: The Children Left Behind.
- How Young Thug Got Trapped By A $15,000 Advance From A Major Label.
- The Rise of Extreme Daycare: with more people working non traditional shifts, the need is rising.
- What Happened When Marissa Mayer Tried to Be Steve Jobs.
- What happens when a cute little brown boy becomes a black man.
- An Ebola Orphan’s Plea in Africa: ‘Do You Want Me?’ (You might lose your thug on this one..)
- The Sad Saga of Tommy Gaines: the story of a Georgia basketball legend who lost his dreams to drug addiction, and his quest for redemption.
- A conversation with Chris Rock.
- A ‘Survivor’ Producer, a Dead Wife, Four Years in a Mexican Prison: New Evidence Amid a Nightmare.
- Growing up ‘post-racial,’ teens suddenly find a world that isn’t.
- Four Lessons From The Media’s Conflicted Coverage of Race.
- Is it a crime to raise a killer?
- Giving away ‘Anatoly Z.’: One boy’s un-adoption, two families who love him and a woman’s mission to bring ‘rehoming’ out of the shadows. (This was a REAL good one.)
- Behind The Alarming Rise Of The Online Vigilante Detective.
- For rape victims, hurt and anger in dealing with New Orleans police.
- Let’s go crazy: Inside the making of Purple Rain.
- York&Fig: At the Intersection of Change. Gentrification in Los Angeles.
- Good Kids, Bad City: After 39 Years of Wrongful Incarceration, Ricky Jackson and the Bridgeman Brothers Walk Free.
- At Nets’ Game, a Plan for a Simple Statement Is Carried Out to a T.
- This Andrew Goldman piece about how Twitter ruined his career is worth reading.
- Critic’s Notebook: Hollywood, Obama and the Boxing-In of Black Achievers.
- What it’s Like to be Black In the NYPD Right Now.
- Yes, North Korea has the internet. Here’s what it looks like.
- For Blacks in Cuba, the Revolution Hasn’t Begun.
- The Slow Death of the Death Penalty: The public supports it, but the costs are lethal. (Another must read)
- From the E.R. to the Courtroom: How Nonprofit Hospitals Are Seizing Patients’ Wages.
Lastly, but certainly not least, if you want to read some of the rest long reads by category then go here and knock yourself out!
Happy Monday to you! Hope your holiday was awesome and you are getting ready for the onslaught of Christmas. I was off last week but I was still reading good stuff. Let’s get to it:
Have a great week of reading!!
It’s Turkey Day in a few days but some of us (like me) are stuck at this office..so my gift to you is some good reads! Let’s get to it!
- Dave Chappelle is GQ magazine’s man of the year.
- Keep Moving: The Nomadic Life of An Assistant College Basketball Coach.
- Junior Smith was a troubled kid who needed help. Instead, West Virginia sent him to jail.
- He went to Yemen. He was almost kidnapped.
- Can You Gentrify America’s Poorest, Most Dangerous City?
- The mystery of an artifact from the 1800s slave trade, and the girl who made it.
- Can Whole Foods Change the Way Poor People Eat?
- For the Public Good: The Shameful History of Forced Sterilization in the U.S.
- A profile of the NY Knicks Carmelo Anthony.
- The World Loves the rapper B.o.B — Why Doesn’t Atlanta?
- The Untold Story of Black Fatherhood.
- The Slow Motion Lynching of President Barack Obama.
- Explaining White Privilege to a Broke White Person.
- A two part series on how NFL teams handle domestic violence. Part 1/Part 2.
- Two unlikely friends: rapper Wale’ and comedian Jerry Seinfeld.
- 25 years later, Art Shell reflects becoming the FIRST black NFL head coach in the modern era.
- A Chat with Dionne Osborne, the Vocal Coach Who Changed Drake’s Style.
- Speaking about Drake, we might as well learn a bit more about his dad.
- In Alabama, Judges Play God: A judge can override a jury that spares a murderer from the death penalty.
- Peterson’s hometown still supportive: Some call Vikings star a child abuser, but in Palestine, Texas, he’s still favorite son.
- A Rape On Campus. And what if you are accused of sexual assault on a college campus.
- From Wrestling Legend to Double Amputee, Kamala Keeps Fighting.
Hi, hope you have had a good week! Let’s slide into the weekend with some good reads, shall we??
- Micheal Sam was the first openly gay player drafted by the NFL. But there is a Micheal Sam, Sr. Here is his story.
- A letter to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. from the FBI that basically asks him to kill himself.
- Stephen Glass fabricated articles that nearly destroyed a magazine. Sixteen years later, he tells why he did it.
- A bold entrepreneur with a radical startup. An African-American. In tech, those two phrases usually don’t go together. Enter Tristan Walker.
- Max Lenox was born to a crack-addicted black mother and raised by two white gay fathers who helped shape him into the much-admired captain of Army basketball.
- The rewards and stigma associated with paternity leave.
- How racism stole black childhood.
- Should Valerie Jarrett be fired??
- A review of the biography of Laura Ingalls Wilder, author of the Little House on the Prairie series of books.
- Alvin Robertson: A Fallen, Forgotten (San Antonio) Spur on Trial for Human Trafficking.
- How White People Got Made. Part One and Part Two.
- 14 Shots In April.
- The return of Jim Crow (via the ballot).
- Like Something the Lord Made: Vivien Thomas was paid a janitor’s wage, never went to college, and still became a legend in the field of heart surgery. (If you don’t read anything else I post, READ THIS.)
- My stepfather, the Peeping Tom.
- Jay Bilas vs. NCAA: How a former player with a law degree became an agent of change.
- Everybody sexts: What love (and sex) really looks
like in the 21st century.
That’s all I got. See you next week!
Happy Thursday! Ready for some good reads?
Have a great weekend!
Been reading some good stuff over the last week or so, hope there’s something that catches your interest in the links. Let’s go:
See you next week!
Another week, more good reads! Let’s go!
That’s for this week. Have a great weekend and enjoy!