Hi, hope you have had a good week! Let’s slide into the weekend with some good reads, shall we??
- Micheal Sam was the first openly gay player drafted by the NFL. But there is a Micheal Sam, Sr. Here is his story.
- A letter to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. from the FBI that basically asks him to kill himself.
- Stephen Glass fabricated articles that nearly destroyed a magazine. Sixteen years later, he tells why he did it.
- A bold entrepreneur with a radical startup. An African-American. In tech, those two phrases usually don’t go together. Enter Tristan Walker.
- Max Lenox was born to a crack-addicted black mother and raised by two white gay fathers who helped shape him into the much-admired captain of Army basketball.
- The rewards and stigma associated with paternity leave.
- How racism stole black childhood.
- Should Valerie Jarrett be fired??
- A review of the biography of Laura Ingalls Wilder, author of the Little House on the Prairie series of books.
- Alvin Robertson: A Fallen, Forgotten (San Antonio) Spur on Trial for Human Trafficking.
- How White People Got Made. Part One and Part Two.
- 14 Shots In April.
- The return of Jim Crow (via the ballot).
- Like Something the Lord Made: Vivien Thomas was paid a janitor’s wage, never went to college, and still became a legend in the field of heart surgery. (If you don’t read anything else I post, READ THIS.)
- My stepfather, the Peeping Tom.
- Jay Bilas vs. NCAA: How a former player with a law degree became an agent of change.
- Everybody sexts: What love (and sex) really looks
like in the 21st century.
That’s all I got. See you next week!