Over at Serenity23’s blog, she has issued a challenge to her readers for the month of August.
I want to challenge YOU. Tomorrow starts off a new month, August 1st. I know that every single one of you has needs, desires, people you are interceding for, things that concern you. And if you are not a believer, this isn’t for you. But if you are a believer, I’m challenging you to begin tomorrow and devote 15 mins everyday to writing our your prayers in one central place so that you can keep track of what you are praying for. Whenever you receive answers to any of those prayers, record the answers also. Can you do this for 30 days?
She’s posting daily updates at her spot so go and check her out.
I’m a few days late in getting started but what I have decided to do is focus on a specific Bible verse for this month and then keep a running list of things I’ve praying for that are both short and long term goals.
The Bible verse that was suggested to me is Philippians 4:19.
King James Version (KJV)
19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
What I will be praying for and hope that God will take action on:
- For my husband to get accepted and participate in the Leadership Program that he applied for at his employer.
- That my brother will have a very successful first year as an art teacher.
- That my brother’s girlfriend will have a safe and successful delivery of my newest nephew Camden.
- That my niece and nephew will have a productive school year in when school starts.
- That my parents will remain in good mental and physical health.
- That I can be blessed with a full time opportunity that will enable me to stop working as a contractor.
There are some other material needs that I am also praying for as well but I won’t list them here.
My plan is to update my list based on my needs or the prayer needs of other folks in my life. Email me or leave a comment if you’d like me to pray for you as well!