I was supposed to post up this recipe for Tracy this past weekend but I was getting Bourbon Street wasted!!
- Chicken breasts or tenderloins
- Peppers – I like to use red, yellow and green (bell) peppers for color & flavor
- 1 onion – you can eliminate or cut this back if you’re not an onion fan
- Tomatoes – I like to use Roma tomatoes because they are easy to wedge
- Shredded cheese – either cheddar or a Mexican blend
- Cumin – for the chicken
- Garlic powder – for the chicken
- Chili powder – for the chicken
- Paprika – for the chicken
- Sea salt – for the chicken
- Ground black pepper – for the chicken
- Olive oil – for the chicken
Start by seasoning your chicken, cutting into strips if you’re using chicken breasts, and then saute over medium-high heat in the olive oil. Also, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
While your chicken is cooking, chop your veggies. I cut everything into strips, and the tomatoes into wedges.
Once your chicken is done, grab a baking dish or a casserole dish. Put the chicken down first as the first layer. Next layer on top your veggies, just make it all random.
Finally, sprinkle your shredded cheese on top. I add a lot of cheese cause I like it really cheesy, but use as little or as much as you want.
Now just pop it in your oven for 10-15 minutes, you just need to get your cheese melted & allow your veggies to cook a little bit.
You can serve this with salsa, sour cream & quacamole if you want.
Here is what it looks like when it’s done!!!