Myron found a great deal on a pork shoulder roast last week at Wally World. He originally fixed it in the crockpot with mushrooms, cauliflower and carrots but it was HUGE!!! So he pulled some of it off and transferred it to a separate pan and came up with this lovely creation. It’s pulled pork roast in stewed tomatoes.
It’s fairly simple to re-create.
- Put the pulled pork in the skillet to start to warm through. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add a heaping tablespoon of garlic and 2 tablespoons of capers (with their juice).
- Add 1 can of stewed tomatoes.
- Add 1 small can of tomato sauce.
- Stir it all together, and let it warm through for 10-12 minutes.
- Serve over parsley garlic mashed potatoes or steamed rice.
We still have a bunch of roast left. I am going to freeze the rest of it for BBQ sandwiches in a week or two!