I am blessed to not have to cook very often since I live with a chef..LOL!! But when I do, I try to fix something that I feel I have mastered and that my chef will enjoy. Here’s last night dinner (and today’s leftovers), white bean chicken chili.
Here’s the recipe:
White Bean Chicken Chili
- 2 cans white beans undrained ( or you may cook your own )
- 1 can navy beans
- 1 can chicken broth
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 -3 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 can Rotel hot tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp crushed dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- ½ cup sour cream (optional)
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat add oil and, when hot but not smoking, add onions and garlic sauté until tender.
- Stir in chicken and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked.
- Add cumin, oregano, black pepper, seasoned salt and red pepper flakes and stir until well combined.
- Place beans, chicken broth and Rotel tomatoes in pot; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until flavors are well blended.
- Add more water or stock, if needed or thicken with cornstarch and water if needed.
- Serve warm, garnished with sour cream, cheddar cheese and salsa, if desired.