I’m going to be busy at the office today but I just wanted to catch you guys up on a few wedding related details that I managed to get taken care of late last week and over the weekend.
- Pay venue off – DONE (That was the second largest check I’ve ever written, next to the down payment on my house!)
- Purchase cake topper – DONE (My mom found one for me at Hobby Lobby)
- Purchase cake knife – DONE (Mom found one at the same place, Hobby Lobby)
- Get Myron fitted for tux/give info to groomsmen – DONE (Myron’s been fitted and the dudes know where to go)
- Purchase flowers/corsages/boutonnieres – DONE (My bridesmaid is ordering calla lillies for everything, they will be silk real touch)
- Purchase remainder of alcohol for the reception – SEMI-DONE (We have wine already, and my sorority sister will be able to get us 4 cases of beer for FREE!!! Myron wants to get a few more cases of beer and maybe another half case of wine)
Next up this week: I pick up my dress on Wednesday and plan to get jewelry for me and the girls this Friday. I am still debating a veil or not. My food tasting is scheduled for September 1st, I just have to fax in my choices to the venue. Myron and crew are going to Vegas on September 1-3 for his bachelor party entitled “The Hangover, Part 2”. I’m not even going to go there..LOL!!!
So I think I am on track here…the wedding train just keeps rolling on!!
Since I didn’t give you a real post today, I leave you with some delectable delights courtesy of Chef Myron. ENJOY!!!