- My birthday is Friday. I will be 37 years old. I still cannot believe it. It seems like yesterday I was graduating from college, club hopping and watching Love Jones. Where does the time go??
- Myron and I currently live in my 2 bedroom, 2.5 bathroom townhouse. I’d said that maybe we should try to stay there until we both turn 40 (!) in order to save some money for the home we buy together. Now I’m not so sure. My place is older and I am dreaming of having a brand new kitchen (to not cook in). I would like to have another bedroom or two as well. He needs a man room in the worst way.
- Did I mention that while the money is great working contract, that I would really kill, stab and maim for a permanent gig? Funny how your perspective can change once you get engaged/married. While no job is ever really permanent, at least I’d get 2-3 weeks vacation!!
- I really think I am going to need to get one more professional certification and I really don’t want to go back to school EVER. AGAIN. IN. LIFE.
- I really would like to work for the government. I’m tired of Corporate America bullshit. If I’m going to have to deal with office politics, at least with the government I have a strong chance of not getting laid off (provided we don’t have another Great Recession again).
- I really need a new pair of brown peep toe shoes. But I might get skinned alive if another shoe box comes through that door right now. *Hey babe*
- I’m kinda salty that my folks bullied guilted manipulated talked me into doing something I really didn’t want to do, because we really need to be holding on that money right now. How am I supposed to be a grown up when I can’t stand up for myself?? *headdesk*
- Speaking of money, my e-fund will be almost empty after we get married. Going to have to really grind to get it back up to a comfortable level. I like having some savings in the bank, it just makes me feel better.
- Also going to have really look at both of our retirement savings plans. We both have not done a great job of saving for retirement AT ALL. And I have an 401K from my old job that still needs to be rolled over somewhere.
- Would be nice to win the lottery. I guess I should play though, huh?
- I asked my peeps on Twitter but they had ignored me (you know who you are!) so I will ask it here: Where can I get inexpensive chocolate brown pashminas online?
- One of my commenters (hey Ms. Tamara!) sent me a email with some awesome flower color combinations. I think I might post them up later on.
- We have 2 cake tastings on Saturday. We meet with the photographer next Tuesday. Yay for progress.
- We go back to pre-marital class this Thursday (skipped last week cause the other couple couldn’t make it) so I guess I’ll blog week 3 and week 4 in one post. It’s gonna be a lot to cover.
- I’m hongry. What’s for lunch???
Toss your randomness in the comments.