I have a lot of links to share this so get ready to save to your Pocket or Instapaper apps. And if you don’t have either, why not??
- I am a HUGE Biggie Smalls fan so I was geeked to read this: Ready To Die: 20 Years Later.
- With genetic testing I gave my parents the gift of divorce.
- The stages of domestic violence, Acts 1-4. This is impressive work.
- Why Serena Williams is America’s greatest athlete.
- A profile of Martha Wash (from the Weather Girls and C+C Music Factory) and how she became a pioneer for artist rights. This was a good one.
- For Kayden Kross, the family business happens to be porn. It’s not what you think.
- A profile of hacker collective, Anonymous.
- This made me cry. Gay teens become homeless after being cast out by their families, and what is being done to help them.
- In 1981, Mauritania became the last country to abolish slavery. An estimated 140,000 are still enslaved there today.
- Henrietta Lack’s descendants come to an agreement with the National Institutes of Health about the handling of her cells. If you are not familiar with her story, take a look here.
- A detailed report on the Oklahoma cop accused of sexually assaulting 8 black women. Additional follow up here.
- This college professor lives in a dumpster on the campus of an HBCU in Austin.
- Men in the armed forces get sexually assaulted too.
- Ever thought about a digital detox?
- How St Louis County profits from poverty: an engrossing read about tiny cities around Ferguson.
- The rise and fall of NYC’s biggest weed dealer.
See you next week!